Oh has our world been a little wild lately. Landon man is keeping us on our toes. He's in a stage of ultimate freedom (so he thinks anyway) that I hope stays in his third year. He really knows no limits despite our darnedest effort to give him some boundaries. This little sweetie is sometimes rather brilliant. There are many times when he helps himself to whatever he wants in the fridge, politely puts it on a plate before he microwaves it and even knows to leave the silverware out of the microwave.
A couple days ago, we went hiking in the mountains and were on a trail on the other side of the lake, away from the bathrooms. His cousin Daniel (just turned 4) needed to go potty, so of course Landon did too (Landon worships Daniel). He had his first peeing outside incident. Wow - talk about the icing on the cake for this little free man.
Later, we were picking Sophie up from school and just on the other side of the road, waiting for the cross-walk to stop traffic, he has to go pee right there! I encouraged him to at least go to a bush where people wouldn't see him. He looked at me like that was a crazy idea.
And the next day, decides to try pooping outside too. Dogs do it, why not him?! (This too shall pass, right?!)
Friday night, Sophie took a bath and then I put Landon in. He said, "EWE! What's that smell?!"
Me: "Um, that's water Landon." Him: "I don't like it!" Me: "Sorry bud, we're not getting new water. This water still feels good.
I go to my bathroom to finish getting ready for my evening and Sophie comes in for me to comb her hair. I hear a splash. Adam hears a splash. This is the different than the normal - Landon is a fish splash. We run to the bathroom - which is now flooded. He's tossing buckets full of water onto the floor.
It takes every towel in the house and we need to move the washer and dryer to get under there. We haven't moved the w/d sine we moved in. Guess what is UNDER the dryer?! MY wedding ring! The one that the house ate 4 years ago. I knew it was lost somewhere in the house, just didn't know exactly where. CRAZY!!!! I was so excited, I didn't have time to be too mad at Landon. He was in his room the rest of the night.
Asian Bean Salad
1 day ago

1 comment:
Ahhhhh! The disobedience of children can bring such joy! So glad for you.
Post a Comment